These are keywords for locating primary sources in both Google and the library catalog.
For example, if you want letters from soldiers in WWII, you would type:
correspondence (for letters)
"world war II" OR "World War, 1939-1945"
(remember to put 2+ word phrases in quotation marks")
- Sources or documents - for general primary sources (examples: medieval sources, civil war documents, papal sources)
- Personal narratives, autobiography or memoir (examples: Pearl Harbor personal narratives, battle of the bulge memoir, autobiography world war II)
- Correspondence or letters (examples: Civil War correspondence, French revolution letters)
- Diary (examples: Civil War diary, woman diary early modern france)
- Interview, oral history or speeches (examples: Cold War interview, Japanese internment oral history, Malcolm X speeches)
- Pamphlet (examples: pamphlet chastity, women rights pamphlet)
- Pictorial works - for photographs or artwork (examples: Vietnam pictorial works)